Forest Hills Policies
When your child is absent from school, you must send a note to the teacher in order for the absence to be excused. An absence is unexcused until a note is received from the parent. Upon 3 unexcused absences, you will receive a letter. After 5 unexcused absences during the year, a referral will be made to the Attendance Officer and truancy procedures will be started.
If your child has to take medication during the school day, a medication form for non-prescription medicine must be filled out, signed by the parent, and sent in with the medicine in its original container. A medication form for prescription medication must be filled out and signed by the physician, signed by the parent and sent with the medicine in the original prescription bottle. The medicine must be labeled with the child's name and in its original container.
3. Tardies & Check-Outs
Please be aware of the tardy and check-out procedure. If your child is late to school, you must either come in with him/her or send a note explaining the reason. If your child is to checkout, you should send a note to the teacher so he/she can be ready at the designated time. Also, you should designate who will be checking him/her out of school. Tardy and check out times will be added together to count towards absences.
Please remember that a student cannot change a mode of transportation without a written note from the parent. If someone different is picking your child up, there must be a written note also.
- Praise your child each day. Let him/her know you love him/her.
- Communicate with your child's teacher.
- Make sure your child gets plenty of sleep.
- Be sure your child attends school each day and arrives on time.
- Discover your child's talents, abilities, intelligences, and strengths.
- Read to and with your child every day.
- Remember you are your child's most important teacher!