Phone: (434) 548-0585 via Class Dojo
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Norfolk State University
Ms. Denise Jones
Greetings! My name is Denise Jones, and I'm thrilled to say this is my 7th year teaching. I grew up here in Danville, Virginia and graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Norfolk State University in 2011. I began my teaching career with Norfolk Public schools as a substitute and part-time math teacher. I was employed by them for six and a half years in this district before moving back to Danville.. This year, I will be teaching Math 8. Currently, I live in Danville with my daughters.. I enjoy teaching, shopping, watching reality shows, and spending time with my family.
I use Class Dojo as a communication tool for my class. Please go to www.classdojo.com and create a parent account. Then join my class with the following links:
- Introduce Math 8 as an engaging and relevant discipline.
- Develop foundational skills and knowledge in Math 8.
- Strengthen problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Foster creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Demonstrate that all students can be successful in Math 8.
Office Hours: Tues., Thurs., & Fri. from 11:15a.m.-12:00 pm.