Many people in our community do not know about all the services our Adult Education Center has to offer. We provide:
Adult Education Program (Year Long Programs & Services)
- Study GED classes with an instructor from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- Self-paced classes from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday (students can work on coursework in the computer lab)
- Evening GED classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- IET Certification classes (ServSafe, CDL Prep, CNA Prep, and Customer Service)
- ESL Classes on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Male City Jail courses on Mondays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Male Adult Detention courses on Thursdays from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Female Adult Detention/City Jail courses on Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- One-on-one tutoring on Fridays by appointment
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call (434) 799-6471.
- TEEN GED classes (must be referred by a guidance counselor from base school)
Program Components https://doe.virginia.gov/instruction/isaep/index.shtml
- High School Equivalency (HSE) preparation (Currently, the only board-approved HSE examination in Virginia is the GED® test.)
- Career and Technical Education & Work-Based Learning
- Career Counseling
- Economics and Personal Finance (Everfi)
- Initial Principal-Parent Student (PPS) meeting
- Student evaluation and/or assessment
- 7.5 grade equivalent or higher on a recognized standardized measure of reading achievement
- Achieve a minimum score on the GED practice test