Academic Development Course Syllabus (Lowe)
● Instructor: Laura Lowe
● Office Hours: 10:00-11:30 a.m; 3:30-4:30 p.m.
● Office Telephone: 434-773-8186
● E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
● Academic Development will focus on developing study and organizational skills, learning how to maintain a planner and prioritize completion of assignments, offering content area assistance,
and building individualized identified skills in the areas of reading, math, and writing.
● Paper and pencil
● All other materials will be provided to the students.
● Students will receive both daily and weekly class participation grades, grades for daily
planner completion, completion of class assignments, and grades for skill activity
assignments related to study, organization, and identified academic skills. Support and
assistance will be offered as needed for each individual student.
● Students are expected to remain on task throughout the class period by completing the
○ completing a daily planner
○ completing class assignments for other content areas classes
○ completing Academic Development assignments related to academic, study, and
Your grades in this course fall into the following categories:
● Gold Category = 40% Tests
● Silver Category = 35% Quizzes
● Bronze Category = 25% Smaller Daily Assignments
Grade Scale: We use a ten-point scale, which is as follows:
A = 90-100
B = 80-89
C = 70-79
D = 60-69
F = 59 and below