Degrees and Certifications:
Elementary Education PreK-6
Mrs. Shannon Dudley
Welcome! My name is Shannon Dudley, and I am excited about teaching Computer Science (CS)
this year. This is my nineteenth year teaching. My first ten years were as a fifth-grade teacher at Taylor Elementary School. For the past eight years, I have been at various schools as an Instructional Technology Resource Teacher (ITRT). This year I will serve a dual role - CS Teacher and ITRT. I enjoy being outside and participating in and watching sports. I currently coach Girls Varsity Soccer at Tunstall High School and, in the past, played soccer, softball, volleyball, and basketball. I am a New England Patriots, Boston Celtics, Boston Red Sox, and Atlanta Braves fan as well as a HUGE UNC TARHEELS fan! Go Heels!
I use Class Dojo as a communication tool for my class. Please go to www.classdojo.com and create a parent account. Then join my class with the following links:
6th Grade - https://bit.ly/3zUt3fj
7th Grade - https://bit.ly/3Qs0BbU
8th Grade - https://bit.ly/3QlFLe6
- Introduce computer science as an engaging and relevant discipline.
- Develop foundational skills and knowledge in computer science.
- Strengthen problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Foster creativity, collaboration, and communication.
- Explore issues raised by present and future societal impacts of computing.
- Demonstrate that all students can be successful in computer science.
Phone: 434-799-6446 or via Class Dojo
Office Hours: Mon., Tues., Thurs., & Fri. from 7:15a.m.-8:15.am.