Our Language Instruction Education Program is a rigorous class that aims to develop the student’s English proficiency levels in all four domains of language (reading, writing, speaking, and listening). We support students in their classes through development of critical thinking skills, academic vocabulary, reading and writing skills.
The curriculum is developed to support the WIDA standards and Virginia Standards of Learning.
Students will be able to:
- -Build and practice skills to further proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing
- -Argue persuasively in speech and writing
- -Recognize, use, and understand academic vocabulary
- -Use note-taking, reading, and study strategies to succeed in all classes
- -Write for a variety of purposes and audiences
- -Use correct forms and vocabulary for a variety of speaking situations
- -Recognize and use idiomatic expressions and text structures
- -Use critical thinking in real-world applications
Elementary English Language Learners