- Danville Public Schools
- Federal Programs
- Title I Overview
Title I Overview
At the end of each school year, the district will evaluate the Title I program in the following areas:
- Improved student outcomes
- Greater family engagement
- More high quality professional development
- Effectiveness of instructional strategies, materials, and resources
In conducting the program evaluation, all stakeholders will review student data, parent, and staff surveys to evaluate the impact on student achievement. The findings will be used to plan and improve the program for the next year, pending funding.
The intent of the Continuous School Improvement Plan (CSIP) is to raise the educational achievement of all students in the school while focusing on the educational needs of at-risk students. The plan should reflect all strategies the school intends to implement in the upcoming year.
The CSIP must address parent involvement in two ways. First, it must describe how the school will provide students with written notice about the school's identification for improvement. Second, it must specify the strategies that will be used to promote parental involvement. This can be accomplished by including the school's Family Improvement Policy/Plan. Each school's CSIP plan is unique, resulting in effective and efficient approaches to the delivery of instructional services.
Danville Public Schools' Title I, Part A program's funding for the 2022-2023 school year is $4,356,388. The final allocation will be used to fund instructional salaries, staff professional development, parental involvement program activities, instructional materials and supplies, staff salaries, and mandated Title I school improvement activities.
General Information for 2022 - 2023 School Year:
*Schoolwide Title I Schools
(Kindergarten - grade 5)
- § Forest Hills Elementary School
- § E. A. Gibson Elementary School
- § G.L.H. Johnson Elementary School
- § Park Avenue Elementary School
- § Schoolfield Elementary School
- § Woodberry Hills Elementary School
*Schoolwide Title I Middle Schools
- § O.T. Bonner Middle School
- § Westwood Middle Schools
Individual Family Resource Centers
- § Accessible to all Title I parents at
each school site